Click here to view this site's terms of service: At RAPID TAX protecting your privacy is important. Therefore, we make sure that any information you divulge to us maintains its integrity. Our policy on maintaining your privacy is outlined below. Please take a few moments to read it and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us using the following information.
Computer Plus Inc. dba Rapid Tax
6116 N. Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28213
RAPID TAX collects personal information from the data you provide when you register for our free online tax preparation services. The information we collect and retain from your registration is:
- Social Security number
RAPID TAX collects personal information from the data you provide when we calculate your income tax return. The information we collect and retain from the application is:
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Filing status
- Name of spouse and/or dependents
- Social security number of spouse and/or dependents
- Date of birth of spouse and/or dependents
- 1099-DIV Information for you and/or spouse
- 1099-G Information for you and/or spouse
- 1099-INT Information for you and/or spouse
- 1099-R Information for you and/or spouse
- 2441 Information for you and/or spouse
- 8332 Information for you and/or spouse
- 8606 Information for you and/or spouse
- 8615 Information for you and/or spouse
- 8814 Information for you and/or spouse
- 8839 Information for you and/or spouse
- 8862 Information for you and/or spouse
- 8863 Information for you and/or spouse
- W-2 Information for you and/or spouse
- W-2G Information for you and/or spouse
RAPID TAX collects additional personal information from the data you provide when you choose to pay us for a printable copy of your return or to electronically file your return. The information we collect and retain from the application is:
- Name on credit card account
- Credit card account number
- Credit card type
- Credit card expiration date
- Cardholder's address
RAPID TAX will not sell or share any of your information with any nonaffiliated third party entities.
Other items of interest:
- Web Browsing: When you visit our site and move from page to page, read pages or download content onto your computer, we use standard web server log files to count visitors and evaluate our site's technical capacity. We learn which pages are visited, what is downloaded, the domains our visitors came from, and the addresses of sites visited immediately before coming to our site. However, none of this is associated with you as an individual. It is measured only in aggregate. This information helps us to keep the pages on our site browser-friendly and useful to our visitors.
- E-Mail: When you send us an e-mail to comment on something or to ask us a question, we learn your exact e-mail address and the thoughts you share within such email. We use your e-mail address to thank you for your comment and/or reply to your question, and we will store your communication and our reply in case we correspond further. We also may, from time to time, use this information to make our users aware of special offers from RAPID TAX.
- Mailing List and Other Services: When you give us your e-mail address and/or other information and ask us to provide you with specific communications or other services we offer, we learn your exact e-mail address along with any other information you provide in your request. We use your e-mail address and any other information to provide you with the information or other services you requested until you ask that we stop (using the instructions provided with each e-mail and/or on the site or as we otherwise provide), or until the information or service is no longer available. We also may, from time to time, use this information to make our users aware of special offers from RAPID TAX. Any information we obtain will remain within RAPID TAX.
- Security: This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information, the information is protected. When we ask for sensitive information, such as credit card number, Social Security number, and other tax related information, that information is encrypted by utilizing an SSL.
Please note that whenever you submit any information to RAPID TAX in connection with any service provided through our site, you consent to RAPID TAX processing that information as necessary to provide the services you request. This includes and is not limited to any third party we may contract to provide you with technically advanced services.
Notification of Changes: If we change our policy, we will post a notice of change on our Home Page, so our customers and users are aware of policy updates. If we decide to use personally identifiable information differently from that stated at the time it was collected, we would notify users by way of e-mail. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner.